Welcome!

Thank you for stopping by to see what your child has been up to. You will find useful resources and information updated here frequently.

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

MSTEP Schedule

Image result for child taking a test clipart

Hi Families,

Next week we will begin the MStep, our state standardized test. Our main testing days are Tuesday-Thursday. The make-up days will fall within the following dates: May 5-May 12.

The test, though time-consuming, will be broken up into parts and we will give breaks when needed. This should not be a stressful situation for your child but it can be upsetting to children when they feel a lot of pressure. I will not be putting a lot of pressure on the students. I will encourage them to do their best, take their time, and answer questions with as much accuracy as they are able.
I would appreciate you doing the same. Give them a good breakfast and an extra hug next week. I will try giving them some extra recess and free time as needed to give their brains and eyes a break.

Please let me know if you have questions.
If your child is going to be absent, knowing in advance will help in the planning process. Please let me know as soon as you can. Also, keep in mind, if your child is ill, as much as I want them here for the main testing days, we have make-up days for this reason.

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment